He Came out of the Fog ~ 6″ x 6″ oil on hardboard panel
Have you ever notice that as an artist, you really do see the world differently than most people?
Almost everything on this list applies to me!
- You know what shade of green the kale in your garden is.
- There are multicoloured fingerprints on your phone, computer, countertop…
- You accidentally clean your brushes in your coffee
- You actually do judge a book by its cover
- The highlights in your hair are from your palette, not Clairol
- When travelling from one place to another you spend the whole time analyzing the color mixtures in the landscape instead of enjoying the scenery
- When you get caught staring at people, but it’s not because you’re checking them out, it’s because your trying to figure out the value of the shadow on the side of their face, or the exact shade of purple under their nose…
- You long to be alone with your thoughts while others are lonely without much thought.
- You go to the store and wonder why everyone is staring, only to come home and realize you had red paint on your face.
- You consider things like showers and eating extremely annoying because they keep you from your easel.